
March 2010 / Jan 2007
Saturday was a special day. It was the day we celebrated my birthday. Janine drove me around town to various events that she had planned for the day. As I had not yet received my birthday mix from TJ, Janine let me choose the music in the car. I requested Way Back to Normal with a few specific songs in mind, the rest of them have too many swears. As I sat blindfolded in the passenger seat listening to this song, I thought thank goodness Janine knows me. Whatever she had planned I knew would be just right.
Our day involved The Joslyn Art Museum, a romp around the sculpture garden, a stop by the bookstore, lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, a much needed nap, a viewing of Alice in Wonderland in 3D with a couple rows of friends in tow, followed by the best birthday cake ever and a lovely bit of poetry to top off the night. That's right folks, original poetry was composed on my behalf.
Seriously, how cool is Janine for coming up with this cake idea?!
8 comments:
Happy Birthday!!! It looks like you had a wonderful day, I am so glad you have a wonderful sister that knows you well and made a nice day for you. Is that Chihuly I see? I love his work! I also love Conan and think that is the coolest cake. How was Alice in Wonderland? I really want to see it but the original scarred me so I am nervous (same with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory & Wizard of Oz).
By the way you looked really cute on your Birthday!
Happy late Birthday! I'm a bad friend for not knowing. I'm so happy to see you in front of some Chihuly on your special day. I also do really like your outfit.
Love the cake, love the song you linked to, love that you got to spend your birthday at a musuem, eating cheesecake, and receiving personalized poetry (but not all at once). Your sister knows you well. I hope the birthday celebrations this weekend with your family go well! Love ya!
Janine is so awesome! I'm glad you had such an amazing birthday party. I can't wait to see you.
Thank you for posting a picture of the cake cuz I've been dying to see it! Your sister is the coolest!
Two awesome girls together=)
That unnatural attachment reminds me of someone and his lizard :)
Janine
Post a Comment