
This time around I identified with many of Jo's sentiments and I'd like to think she and I are similar in someways. Aunt March would never take me to Europe as her companion! Jo makes me feel better about my audacity and occasional lack of decorum. Although I doubt I'd ever go for some old enough to be my Dad, creeper named Friedrich. Unfortunately I think I'm also a bit of a whiny, superficial brat at times, just like Amy. Maybe I should go for a more outgoing version of Beth, the ever calm and placid sister.
This part never gets easier to watch. It is one of those classic moments when you know exactly what will happen, yet you hope that things will somehow work out differently. I do love a story that prompts me to yell at its characters from time to time though.Do yourself a favor and watch this movie soon and tell me about your favorite sister too.
3 comments:
I adore this movie. (Did I tell you I watched part of it for my birthday?) I'm with you and Janine - every time I watch it it's like watching it for the first time again. There is such a genuine honesty and sweetness in each relationship that I love.
As for my favorite sister, it's Jo all the way, although I dearly love Beth for her selflessness and quiet devotion. Jo has selflessness in her too (cue the scene where she sells her hair... "Jo, your hair! Your one true beauty!), but she's not afraid of adventure and she's intensely devoted to what she loves. And I love her relationship with Frederick. I used to think he was a creeper too, but now I just love both of them for their beautiful relationship. I could go on and on...
That was an incredibly long comment. You picked a good topic, obviously!
Happy memories of watching it with you guys when you were younger, not sure I want to watch it without you=)
Wow I randomly came accross this movie on TV the other day and was instantly happy. I love this movie even if I still want Jo and Laurie to end up together every time and often find myself unusually upset with Jo when she turns him down, crazy girl. Sadly, my sister walked in to the room and quickly proclaimed we are not watching this.
Post a Comment