
I think I have Peter Pan syndrome or something. I've been wondering about this being an adult business a lot lately. How do you know when you are one?
Is it when you can do your own taxes? I did that for the first time this year but had to call my dad twice. I'm pretty sure that means I'm still not an adult.
What about getting haircuts by yourself? I use to always want my mom to be there to ensure that nothing bad happened, meaning no repeats of the feathered mullet.
I remember the early days of eyebrow plucking. My mom would sit on the couch and I would lay with my head in her lap and she would pluck ever so slowly, one hair at a time. I was convinced I could never do it myself. Well, I'm proud to say I've been plucking my own eyebrows for years now.
The most exciting news around these parts is that I bought a car and Janine bought a house. It has been quite entertaining to share in each others excitement and nerves as we made these big purchases. Did we make plenty of calls home to mom and dad, sure did. But in the end we researched and prayed and talked things through and then went for it.
No matter how grown up the decisions may be, I have a feeling I will always want to just curl up under a blanket and call my mom. Maybe its all about not admitting when you feel scared witless. Maybe like eyebrow plucking, what was once incredibly painful and seemingly impossible, turns out to be quite doable in the end.
4 comments:
Adulthood is a funny thing. I'm already half way through my twenties and I still find myself daydreaming about what my life will be like when I "grow up."
I think I'll be asking my dad for advice on my taxes for the rest of my life!
Congratulations on the new car! That is very exciting. I can't wait to see it.
Happy Birthday!
If being an adult means not calling home...forget it!
Feathered mullet?! Have I seen pictures of this?!
I think you're doing a splendid job at this whole adult business. Basically you rock at life. You do. Happy Birthday dear friend. I sure love you!
By the way, I think your Mom's comment is the cutest ever.
I would again like to say that there is no need to blog becuase you are blogging my life and you say it much more clearly/entertaining than I would. There are deffinatly days where I wish I could get past this odd time in my life and just be 50 or 60 years old, I think I would make a wonderful old woman but I am lousy at "young adult"
Post a Comment