"God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs. Therefore, it is vital that we serve each other in the kingdom."
I am having one of those days where I feel completely overwhelmed at the kindness and generosity of others. This unexpected move of mine has been a rocky one. A dear friend of mine made an offer early on in the process that lifted a huge burden off my shoulders. She offered to move my things across country in the moving truck that she and her husband had planned to rent for their own move.
With the help of some good souls in my new ward I was able to locate somewhere to store my things free of charge until I find my own place. Out of the goodness of his heart, a complete stranger welcomed my possessions into his home with no conditions. I talked to him on the phone a few times but only met him as I stood on the corner amidst my boxes this balmy afternoon.
As these aspects came together I was asked if I needed help moving things from the truck to storage. This afternoon a couple guys from the ward came over and made a quick job out of lifting and carrying heavy boxes.
I know that my Heavenly Father is aware of my needs and has blessed me to associate with choice people in my life. Each day I endeavor to remember this but on days like today, where I was the recipient of such charity, it is impossible to deny. I only hope that I can and do my part to serve others.
For more of President Kimball's thoughts on service, here is the talk I quoted from.
3 comments:
Beautiful post Lauren. I'm glad there are so many people there taking good care of you. And that there will be no more elephant cards! (kidding...). Love ya!
Reason #537 of why Nebraska is wonderful...I have never been to a place that has nicer people. I will be thinking of you (with a little jealously in my heart but mostly with hope that everything is going well for you).
I'm so happy that everything worked out for you to store your stuff at that guys place. Your ward sounds really amazing. I only wish I could have hung out with you longer!
Post a Comment