August 15, 2009
Interesting Credits
As a general rule, I have a disposition to eschew most animated films. They are just not my thing, and the worst offenders are animated films in which animals are the main characters....ugh! I recall a trip to the dollar theatre with a friend in Provo. In an attempt to be kind I pretended to not have an opinion about what movie we saw, the unnamed friend chose Kung Fu Panda, barf!
With this in mind, after our ward activity last night Janine and I went over to her friend's house to watch a movie. When she told me we were to watch Wall-E, i begrudgingly went along with exceedingly low expectations. To my utter surprise, I really enjoyed the movie. Those robots are just too cute right?!
I give major credit for my satisfaction to two aspects of the movie. The music and the end credits! I love, love, love Louis Armstrong and particularly his rendition of Le Vie En Rose. So of course, I must include it for your (and my) viewing pleasure!
Louis starts singing around 1:40, you won't be disappointed if you stick it out till then!
Of the multiple themes woven throughout the film, those that spoke to me were of the need for humanity to properly use technology and not be a slave to it. I also wondered if Al Gore's name would appear in the credits due to an emphasis on our responsibility to care for and be mindful of our green earth. I also particularly enjoyed the end credits. In addition to my penchant for Peter Gabriel, who was approached to do the song, Down to Earth, the montage of the progression of mankind through art, was really perfect.
The frames start depicting some of the earliest forms of art such as cave painting, Egyptian Hieroglyphs, and what I am sure is meant to represent pottery from antiquity. In addition to mosaic, the frames depict multiple impressionist movements. I loved their rendition of Turner, not to mention Seurat and Van Gogh. I was so impressed by the translation of computer graphics to these very convincing representations of pivotal artists.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I feel EXACTLY the same way about animated movies! I sort of like them, but never understood all the hype. But I LOVED Walle. I cried, isn't that sad? That little robot just pulled at my heartstrings when he watched those old movies and held his own hand.
The environmentalist agenda didn't bother me either because, frankly, I'm on that bandwagon.
Love Armstrong
Love La Vie En Rose
Love your blog!
Okay, so I'm going to have to disagree with you (partially) on this one. Didn't love the movie, but I do think it taught some important lesson.
Funny you mention La Vie En Rose though - it's one of my recent top favorites on my playlist. It makes me so happy!
Well, I hope I wasn't the one to drag you to the dollar theater to see Kung Fu Panda. I very well could have since I love those kinds of movies. Can we still be friends? :)
The fact that you have a post about this makes me really sad that you don't live here :( I loved this movie so much that I bought it the day it was released. I also purchased the soundtrack. LOVE Define Dancing and Louis' version of Le Vie En Rose. I will have to send you the soundtrack. My brother loves to joke that only I would enjoy a movie that doesn't have any talking the first half. The only anamated film I own. So glad you enjoyed it!!
HAHA, wow I am a dork. PS I cried multiple times at this movie
Post a Comment