Where there are friends, there is wealth.
~ Titus Maccius Plautus

Once bitter enemies*, now the best of friends; this girl is the ultimate buddy, chum, mate, comrade, and confidant I could ask for. Emilie is someone I greatly admire for her intelligence, wisdom, compassion, strong testimony and loyal friendship. I am going to miss this girl SO much, but instead of nursing my sad heart, I think I'll reflect upon the good times.

THE GOOD TIMES:
endless emails during long work days-numerous trips to Olive Garden for soup(Zupa Toscana reigns supreme), salad, and bread sticks-kickboxing each semester and a lot of talking in the back row- sharing musical interests and discoveries-shopping at Target & Archivers - going to the Muse concert with a bunch of sweaty shirtless guys- shopping in Park City- always looking at each others' pictures- card making extravaganzas- horse riding/sharing in southern utah- talking about our blogs and seeing the look on Mitch's face- walking and talking all around Provo- all the yummy dinners Mitch cooked us- good movie recommendations, some more decent than others!- seing Rufus in Park City with all the gay skiers- caramel apples- crafty board making -vacation planning - online quiz taking - serving in Relief Society- Tucanos- late night stake outs- lunch dates in P.G.-taking the occassional stab at alternative work outs like yoga- squatting or lunging our way around the track.
I'm so thankful for my friendship with Emilie and for the few years we've had together in Provo. Lucky for me, she married a great guy who enabled our friendship to grow even more after they were married! Mitch cooks for us, lets me steal Emilie away for hours on end and even plays photographer for us when we need it! They are one of my favorite couples whose presence will be deeply missed!
*The first year I met Emilie I may have accidentally decided that she was my arch rival. I mistakenly thought she was interested and standing in the way of me and my main squeeze! Little did I know, she was not but unfortunately we wasted what could have been additional friendship time!
4 comments:
Yay for Emilie. She's awesome. Hopefully your paths will cross again - meaning that you'll live close by again. That would be wonderful, no?
You two are freakin amazing!
Oh Lauren! I miss you so much! This was the sweetest post and you are my sweetest friend. I'm determined to live near you again! I definitely think you need to come visit me here too!
After that H&M post I think you have good reason. We can check out some cool museums too! Pretty, pretty please!
P.S. I love the pictures...I kinda look insane in the last one!
Post a Comment