September 08, 2008

Bountiful

The last few days have found me in Bountiful, crashing with yet another good friend. Shannon put me up again and a great weekend of fun ensued. I had my first experience at The Pie and though I was wearing BYU flip flops, I was not flogged by the die hard UofU fans we met up with. On Friday I found myself changing life plans yet again and putting a new set of plans into motion.

That night Shannon and I met up with her good friend Jill, who showed us a grand time at the Utah State Fair. I now love funnel cake and maintain strong opinions about the rodeo. Saturday proved to be a busy but good day. I needed to head down to Provo in the morning to get my belongings out of storage and move them to a friend's garage. I found great help in Shannon and Jordan so the process was quick and relatively painless. Shannon and I decided to make a day of it in Provo so we visited good friends, did some shopping and magazine reading. We made it back up to Bountiful around nine and found ourselves a little tuckered out from our long day, after watching a few minutes of a really lame Hilary Duff movie we retired to bed.

All week I have been eager for Sunday because I knew I needed it, the day turned out to be just the ticket for my troubled soul. Shannon and I began with Music and the Spoken Word from the tabernacle, hit up a good three hour block of church in the Millstream Ward, did some chatting to family, took a turn or two around the Bountiful Temple with Jill and then headed off to the CES fireside. Elder Holland was amazing and spoke to me, I just loved his candid nature and apt message. After the fireside Shannon, Jill and I made pazookies to pass the time until ward prayer. I'm not going to lie, ward prayer is one of my least favorite singles ward inventions. I am so glad that I went with Shannon and Jill though. For one thing, I got a great lesson on tire pressure from a nice guy in Shannon's ward who was filling her tires up. Mostly though I just had a great time laughing and letting loose when a group of us stayed after to play games. Thankfully I did not scream or pee my pants in the dark, nor was I mercilessly teased when I suggested that we choose to act out Alopecia in a Psychologist game.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I think "alopecia" will forever make me laugh! "Ooo, ooo! (hand raised, all attention focused on you...) Let's do Alopecia!" Reaction? uhhhh...how do you act out being bald?! TOO FUNNY! I'm SO, SO glad you came up for the weekend. Jill and I have decided that we have just formed our own support group for one another. This means we need to get together OFTEN.

THANK YOU for this weekend. And for letting me vent and cry and what not when you have your own very tough things to go through. Please forgive me for being so selfish... I sure love you!

Jill Clark said...

I am glad you have decided to read my blog, I always LOVE new blog friends! I have even made it onto your blog, LOVE IT! It was so fun to meet you this weekend and you were nice to let me tag along with you and Shannon on your weekend together! I would love to get together again, and I am all about the support group.

Update (if you even care): Steve asked me to watch a movie with him after FHE tonight! Thanks for putting up with my extreme reaction to thinking he is cute.

C&C said...

haha, i would love to see you act our alopecia. and i LOVE music and the spoken word, as well as the updated look of your blog. and you. finding a job totally bites. i hate being old!

emilie s. d. p. said...

Glad you found a love for funnel cake over the weekend. And I'm curious to hear your strong opinions about the rodeo...I just can't imagine you at a rodeo!