August 21, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

Gearing up for a quick trip home has left me pondering upon the comforts and small joys of being at home. The family is a given of course but here are some other reasons why every spare moment at work finds me thinking about good old 909 West 5th St.

  • Raime. I love this little dog as much as I love my siblings....well almost. He is so dang cute and snuggly and I never enjoy walking as much as I do with him on a leash beside me.
  • The grill on the porch. My parents are both excellent cooks and even Darius can whip up a mean grilled chicken or hunk of steak. I love summertime meals from the grill.
  • Three words: Harry-Potter-Trivia. We used to play this every sunday night as a family and whenever I'm home, we always manage some sort of Harry Potter game.
  • The bookshelves. I always love to see what new pictures are up and the little changes my mom makes to house decor.
  • The chance of seeing a good Nebraska summer thunderstorm, fantastic lightening included.
  • The kitchen. This place is always fully stocked with ingredients for anything I could desire to make. I love sitting at the counter and talking to Mom too.
  • Sonic Happy Hour. Mom and I will undoubtedly make numerous stops for 1/2 off Happy Hour Drinks, and a happy hour it will be.
Only three more days... in the meantime I get to see one of my favorite people in the world on Saturday, my super cute nephew Zach!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh summer thunderstorm--that makes me SO homesick for Kansas. There is nothing like a summer thunderstorm--you just can't beat it.

Jodi said...

Lauren, thanks! I was pretty stoked about the banner. Ha ha. I hope you have a good time at home, drink some Sonic drinks for me!

emilie s. d. p. said...

It's so great you get to go home and enjoy all these little, but oh so wonderful, things!
I'm sure Raime will be just as excited to see you and I know the rest of your family will be so glad to have you around too.
Tell your Mom happy birthday for me!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that I didn't read this until Sunday afternoon. It made me homesick, so good thing I will be leaving to drive out in a few hours!
Janine

Hilary Jan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hilary Jan said...

Reading that I just got so homesick my eyes teared up a little, haha, but seriously. Everything you listed here are some of my top favorite things from home, except for this Harry Potter Trivia I am going to need an example of this game. I loved having all fo my family together here but nothing compares to having everyone there in Nebraska. I hope you had a good trip with my parents. It looked like it was going to rain here last night and I was really excited but then nothing, sigh. PLEASE enjoy a thunderstorm on the porch for me and tell you family I said hello.
PS Your comment thing hates me, so if this shows up 3 times I am sorry.