August 18, 2008

Movie Quotes

I hit up the public library this weekend and walked away with a couple of DVDs in hand which made up for the lack of desired books obtained. In the mix were two movies; one, a mild Woody Allen comedy titled Scoop, and the other a good film festival find titled Driving Lessons. In addition to a raging crush on Rupert Grint, I got a good laugh from what I thought were some really funny lines.

My favorite quirky quotes from each (rough quotes I might add since neither was included on IMDB memorable quotes) :

  • Hugh Jackman's character questions Scarlet Johanson about her hideous glasses and the possibility of contacts. She responds that she cannot wear them because she absolutely refuses to touch her own eyeball.
  • Rupert Grint is tricked into going on a camping trip, when he discovers the ploy he demands the keys so that he can drive himself home. Julie Walter's character swallows the key so he cannot escape. Rupert has to call his mom and explain that he won't make it home because Evie swallowed the key and he has to wait for her to poo it out.
It may be difficult to glean entertainment by reading this but I definitely laughed out loud when the lines were delivered in the films.

3 comments:

emilie s. d. p. said...

I love the first one! It used to gross my mom out when people would touch their eyeballs and we would tease her.
Can't wait to watch Driving Lessons! I think we'll put it on tonight.

Anonymous said...

I have eyed that Driving Lessons movie in Blockbuster before simply for the reason that he is in it. I guess now I can watch it on your good advice!
Janine

Mallory said...

oh...my...goodness. Driving Lessons is one of my favorites. I love that you recommend it. When she swallows the key and says, "I just swallowed a car key. Frankly, you should be flattered." So great.