On Tuesday I am interviewing with a Financial Group, the position I am being considered for is a personal assistant. Because of the undoubtedly business professional environment, I what to pay special attention to what I wear to the interview. I could go with the basic black pants and button down shirt, but because it is summer and I want to inject a little more personality into my outfit I am considering something else. I can't quite decide how I feel about it so I want opinions...please take a sec to let me know what you think about the following.
A basic pair of khakis with a white button down shirt. I would top the shirt with a pinstriped blazer consisting of a thin light blue stripe that gives a hint of color but without being too overwhelming. For shoes I'm thinking of wearing my navy blue suede flats. The only thing I'm slightly hesitant about is the khakis. I'm not sure if they are dressy enough- of course I could iron them the morning of to make sure I have a nice clean looking pleat. At the same time I think that guys pull off khakis for interviews right? Another option with the shirt and blazer would be a navy blue or brown pinstriped pencil skirt. That would mean I have to decide if I want to do nylons though...which I don't!
Basically I want some advice about khaki/blazer plan, do you think it will be professional enough?
5 comments:
I think it works! I think the clean looking pleat and the blazer are essential. You'll stand apart from other applicants while still looking professional.
well, I'm not so sure about other interviews, but in the legal profession we NEVER try out of the box. Always professional. Dark suit of black or navy (or a possible dark grey). And a button up shirt of white, blue, or cream. Sensible shoes(can be heels). You can always impress them with your fashion later. Good Luck!
I think that the outfit sounds nice but, me personally, I'd probably wear a skirt. That way they know you're serious and then if you get the job you can start wearing your khakis. But idk--I may just be an old fashioned girl when it comes to that kind of thing. Good luck with your interview! They'd be crazy not to hire you.
Honestly I definitely wouldn't do the khakis. They'd probably be fine but I wouldn't take the chance. Like Kendra said you can wear khakis later if you get the job but I'd dress it up a little for the interview.
The rest of the outfit sounds good though. Good Luck!
I probably wouldn't wear the khakis either. You can always dress it down if you get the job and find that it's okay, but I'd play it safe for the interview. Bonne chance!
Post a Comment