August 06, 2008

The Results Are In

The overwhelming opinion of both readers and coworkers concluded that khakis were a bad choice- a decision I concur with. I really don't know what I was thinking! In the end I went with a blue and white pinstriped theme- navy blue skirt with thin white pinstriped paired with a white button down and topped off with my blue and white pinstriped blazer. I think Stacy and Clinton would have been okay with it! I know this picture is blurry and sad but I'm pretty sure it gives you the gist of my outfit.


Though the office where my interview took place was full of rich mahogany woodwork and the classiest leather furniture I've seen in a while- it was not decked out with this beautiful chandelier and stained glass ceiling. Some of you may recognize this, it is the lobby of the Joseph Smith Memorial building where I sat for quite some time after my interview. A guy in the ward drove me up to Bountiful and sat in the lobby downstairs while I was in my interview. After I finished we went to Temple Square and I sat waiting for him while he had an appointment in the JSMB. It was quite perfect actually. I sat for about an hour in this lobby and listened to a great piano player who happened to be playing a piece from the Sound Of Music when I walked in- perfect. My senses were dazzled and I sat quite euphorically, having conquered my interview. The music was so relaxing and the decor of the lobby is just immaculate. I sat and wrote in my journal in between long bouts of people watching. It was a great way to unwind and process my thoughts!

PS If you are in the need for a feel good classic- I highly recommend Three Men and a Baby. It has been about ten years since I viewed this movie but time has only made it better. Thanks to Emilie who suggested it, we put this on whilst making cards last night. Even though Ted Danson has a bit of a drag- I'm wearing makeup thing going on, this movie is a recipe for good times.

5 comments:

Jordanlz said...

Good Choice friend. I hope you get it so you can stay around here!

emilie s. d. p. said...

I really like the outfit you chose. That skirt really is the perfect length.
I love that we watched that movie last night. I'm going to see if the library has the sequel right now!

emilie s. d. p. said...

You'll be happy to know that Three Men and A Little Lady is currently on hold at the Provo public library...so... we have three weeks to watch it :o)

Shannon said...

I'm so glad your interview went well. Any job would be blessed to have you - especially when you are so stylish! SHUT UP! (ha). Things will work out, don't worry (reference poem by Pres. Hinckley)...

And I agree with Emilie - you need to watch Three Men and a Little Lady. I like it 10x more than the first one.

You're wonderful Lauren!!

Anonymous said...

Stacy and Clinton totally would have approved--you looked great. I hope that I get to see you sometime soon and that when I do we're able to unwind with some wonderful Bollywood.