All sorrows are less with bread. ~Miguel de Cervantes

What is the Christmas season without family traditions? What are holiday traditions without the family recipes? In our house we are loading on the calories in a style akin to Augustus Gloop.
As I put my pants on in the morning, I feel the combined efforts of kickboxing and the starving student barren cupboards of last semester going to waste. Looking back over the last few days I think it may have something to do with the gluttonous eating habits that involve some combination of the following.

What is the Christmas season without family traditions? What are holiday traditions without the family recipes? In our house we are loading on the calories in a style akin to Augustus Gloop.
As I put my pants on in the morning, I feel the combined efforts of kickboxing and the starving student barren cupboards of last semester going to waste. Looking back over the last few days I think it may have something to do with the gluttonous eating habits that involve some combination of the following.
For breakfast dessert seems to hit the spot. Cheesecake, chocolate creme pie, trifle, chocolate log, lemonade pie and birthday cake have been working well.
Lunch normally consists of a smattering of candy that is literally littering every surface of the house. Candy from my stocking, homemade Christmas candy, red and green M&Ms, licorice, British candy from Granddad, Hershey kisses etc.
Leftovers provide the major meal of the day. Turkey, ham, veges and dip, potatoes, stuffing, rolls and soup. Normally these somewhat balanced meal is followed up with a healthy dose of dessert bearing a striking resemblance to what I ate for breakfast.
Lunch normally consists of a smattering of candy that is literally littering every surface of the house. Candy from my stocking, homemade Christmas candy, red and green M&Ms, licorice, British candy from Granddad, Hershey kisses etc.
Leftovers provide the major meal of the day. Turkey, ham, veges and dip, potatoes, stuffing, rolls and soup. Normally these somewhat balanced meal is followed up with a healthy dose of dessert bearing a striking resemblance to what I ate for breakfast.
That Cervantes fellow knew what he was talking about. Good job I've been walking the dog and will soon be states away from my mom's kitchen.
1 comment:
I feel you on this one. I've been eating so much that I feel that a diet will be nescessary, starting next year of course. I started creating a blog today, actually it was up, and then I took it down. I had some really good thoughts too, but I was so freaked out that my brain would be accessible to so many people. Anyways, I'm glad that you're getting fed and eating something besides M&M's and drinking things other than Diet Coke.
Post a Comment