November 08, 2007

Sell Yourself


I had my interview today with the facilitator that will be leading the Art History study abroad program I've applied for. Basically it went like this, laugh laugh chuckle chuckle.

To my surprise it was just Mark J. conducting the interviews instead of some crazy panel of intimidating people. Dr. Johnson is the head of the art history department and is currently teaching my Byzantine class. He also happens to be my mentor for my ORCA grant as well as the professor I will be writing my senior thesis with. What I'm saying is that thankfully I have quite an established relationship with him which made my interview much more like a twenty minute afternoon chat as opposed to a rigidly formal interview where I have to sell myself without sounding precocious or ridiculous. We pretty much sat and talked about how great Athens is and how much I love studying art history.

The fun part is I have to wait five to six weeks until I will know if I have been accepted to the program. Fingers crossed that all those laugh laugh chuckle chuckle moments were positive indicators of how much he likes me and would love to have me on the trip!

2 comments:

emilie s. d. p. said...

Let's just be honest: who wouldn't want you to come on that amazing study abroad? You were made for this trip and they'll be lucky to have you.

emilie s. d. p. said...

...by the way have it told you how jealous I am :o)