November 15, 2007
Red Carpet Massacre
Any who know me know that I have a little "thing" for Duran Duran. Multiple interpretations of that word can be applied here. I blame it all on Alyssa and basically the first three years of college. We hit up a concert when they came to SLC, own all their cds, watched their music videos late at night instead of doing homework. We even went as far as dressing up like men (shirt and tie and of course a moustache) and dancing to Wild Boys for a ward talent show. We own t-shirts and posters and goodness knows what other random Duran Duran treasures. I digress.
Two days ago their thirteenth album, Red Carpet Massacre was released in the United States. Not only did they rewrite all the songs for the album after Andy left the band but the worked with Timbaland and Justin Timberlake on various tracks.
I watched the music video for Falling Down and have listened to a few other tracks and noticed three things. One the subject matter is quite contemporary. Two they still sound ( & look) good. Three I need my Alyssa. I really don't know how I'm supposed to digest this new album when my sounding board and Duran Duran mentor is on her mission right now!!??!! I don't really think an album diagnosis is kosher for missionary letters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Duran Duran? This may seriously jepordize our friendship. Seriously. Although. . . .they are quite catchy.
Post a Comment