I had an appointment at eight this morning which has left me with a little downtime since I don't have to be to work until ten. Currently I am sitting in the Wilk with my coldbuster Jamba Juice and some high hopes that all the vitamins will do something good to my immune system.
Above the shabby chic Christmas trees the flat screen is streaming CNN headline news. I don't typically watch the news but I regularly check CNN.com for an update on what is going on in this crazy world of ours. I'll be the first to admit that I really don't understand much that is going on internationally. With the Middle East crisis for instance I know that too many people are dying and that there is no end in sight to the widespread unrest. Between the myriad of biased reports and daily influx of new stories I cannot keep it straight.
This morning in the ten to fifteen minutes of CNN headlines that I watched, I was brought up to speed on some truly horrific developing stories. The thought of being upraised daily with new details about who killed who or what exploded where is an unpleasant one. Ten short minutes of it left me feeling sick inside. Reality is that we live in a wicked world. I do not delude myself into thinking otherwise nor am I so sheltered that I am not exposed to it in my daily life.
My problem is this: how can I remain an informed citizen (or resident alien as the case may be) capable of carrying on an intelligent conversation about current events without allowing myself to be dragged down on a daily basis by watching reading the news?
Above the shabby chic Christmas trees the flat screen is streaming CNN headline news. I don't typically watch the news but I regularly check CNN.com for an update on what is going on in this crazy world of ours. I'll be the first to admit that I really don't understand much that is going on internationally. With the Middle East crisis for instance I know that too many people are dying and that there is no end in sight to the widespread unrest. Between the myriad of biased reports and daily influx of new stories I cannot keep it straight.
This morning in the ten to fifteen minutes of CNN headlines that I watched, I was brought up to speed on some truly horrific developing stories. The thought of being upraised daily with new details about who killed who or what exploded where is an unpleasant one. Ten short minutes of it left me feeling sick inside. Reality is that we live in a wicked world. I do not delude myself into thinking otherwise nor am I so sheltered that I am not exposed to it in my daily life.
My problem is this: how can I remain an informed citizen (or resident alien as the case may be) capable of carrying on an intelligent conversation about current events without allowing myself to be dragged down on a daily basis by watching reading the news?
1 comment:
I have lots of meds if you need to borrow. Dayquill and Nyquill have worked great for me.
Post a Comment