April 28, 2010

Parting is such sweet sorrow

Some of you may be of the opinion that these shoes are the reason I've never been in a serious relationship before.

I don't care. I love them, they are my lucky shoes. It has nothing to do with any of the silly green Irish business (let's remember the British girl writing this post) although I am very fond of their color. I want to say I bought them in middle school. Jack Purcell's were all the rage at Janine's high school I swear. Somehow I don't think many people were sporting the forest green version though.

As you can see, they are fraying left and right. Although they are fast approaching the end of their road, I cannot bring myself to stop wearing them. I'm not planning on having them bronzed or anything but I imagine a replacement will help ease the discomfort.

Somehow the contemporary version of this shoe just does not float my boat. Perhaps the charm of this quirky shoe has to do with its age, I don't know. I'm tempted by the navy blue ones though.

4 comments:

Titensor Family said...

i love these shoes...please keep them forever

Alyssa said...

I was watching Will and Grace this morning and thought about you and your shoes!

Is it creepy how much I have been thinking about you lately??

seashmore said...

Oddly enough, I don't believe I've noticed these shoes on your feet before.

When I have shoes approaching retirement age, I find it best to gradually filter in replacements. Although replacing shoes like this pair is akin to replacing anything else of value. You can get the same exact kind from the same exact place, but it will never be the exact same.

I wish you the best on your shoe search.

Kevineb said...

If a guy is paying that close attention to your shoes - close enough to notice them and make judgements about you based on them - then there is probably some other reason why he is not interested in a serious relationship with you.