February 10, 2010

Men are like chocolate...

A lot of chocolate out there (like Hershey's), is cheap, plastic-y, and not worth your time.


The are numerous reasons why I enjoyed my grand tour of Europe, attractive men being one of them. For the purpose of this post however I will focus on one of them, chocolate.

I would hazard a guess that on any given day of my two month trip, I had a candy bar stashed somewhere on my person. (Do not be alarmed. I considered this to be a healthy part of my diet considering I spent a lot of time walking around!) Although I discovered a passion for german white chocolate, I remain true to my British roots in that I love Cadbury's above all else.

Now knowing what I do about chocolate, one would think I would not waste anytime pandering in the pool of mediocre chocolate, but I do. Janine can attest to the fact that I have been unabashedly consuming various hershey's products currently in our apartment. We are not silly enough to waste money on this terrible excuse for chocolate, it was a gift, but I have yet to cease wasting calories on something that tastes like plastic.

So my friends, if you have a valentine, I hope that he or she buys you some decent chocolate this weekend. What is your favorite kind anyway?




*The timing of this post could be construed to mean that I am bitter and/or planning on spending my weekend with copious amounts of chocolate and ice cream, let me assure you that neither are true!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you know, I am not a fan of chocolate. However, I can not figure out why someone thought it would be a good idea to give one another large amounts of chocolate for Valentine's Day, which day I thoroughly detest. I personally think that all holidays should be celebrated with a Thanksgiving style dinner--copious consumption of food and no one really cares if you're single, married, or otherwise because of said consumption.

Courtney N said...

It's all about the Ghirardelli!

Darcy said...

I am like you I like the cadburys!

emilie s. d. p. said...

Lindt is my all time favorite. The bars are the best but I really like the balls too.
Recently I discovered Cadbury's Flake chocolate bar and it might be my new favorite. In fact after reading your post I went into the kitchen an got myself one!