
Remember that song from the end of Mary Poppins, Step in Time? Well, I think I may have just taken a step all the way back to high school.Our ward is having a Turkey Trot, also known as a Sadie Hawkins dance. Well, you know how I feel about dancing already. I'm not really a fan of asking guys out either. Its not that I'm morally opposed, I'm generally just too awkward to pull that off naturally.
I've spent the last month absolutely certain that I would not be participating. On monday night I jumped on the bandwagon with copious amounts of encouragement and prodding. I made a few calls on the way home from FHE and was slightly mortified to realize just how eager some of the other girls have been. My second call informed me that someone had asked him over a month ago, for the love! After lots of angry noise making in the car I mustered up the fortitude to ask for a third time. Thankfully, the third time proved to be a charm and an enthused Andrew was available and said yes. We will be getting our Turkey Trot on as Waldo and Wanda.
Here's to stripes, awkward phone calls and doing things I had no desire to do in high school!
7 comments:
Waldo and Wanda? So cute!
Wait, I didn't know you had to dress up as characters! I guess you do dress up the same for Sadies though, right? I love the Waldo idea. Seriously, it's awesome.
I'm with the others on the Waldo/W idea, it's so clever. I saw a guy on campus once, dressed as Waldo, with a little travel pack on his back...it makes me grin to think of it still....
Oh, I like you. I think I might steal this idea from you for Halloween. I'm proud of you for stepping out of the comfort zone...I think I would have to get drunk off apple juice to do it. It probably goes without saying, but I didn't attend many dances in high school.
I'm sad I'm missing all these milestones in your life. And just think, Central is only a few miles away from you now too!
Not going to lie--pretty much in love the name "Turkey Trot". Genius. I can't wait to see pictures of you as Wanda.
Way to be a good sport and ask a boy out. He's a lucky guy!I hope to hear more details about the dance from you soon.
Post a Comment