October 20, 2009

Assaulting Watermelons





I had the day off on friday and decided that I would go home for a few days as Janine was also out of town. I thoroughly enjoyed the open road and my four hour sing along in the car. Elton John was a definite crowd pleaser.

It would not be home without plenty of Guitar Hero, dog walking, a diet coke with the elite "pop group," homemade pizza, and a shift in nursery on sunday.

I also fit in some particularly interesting bonding time with the boys. Dad, Darius and I loaded up the burb with watermelons and took them out to the range. I'm not usually the biggest fan of shooting, I've done it before and have frequent opportunity to do so each time I go home. Something about inducing watermelons to explode piqued my interest!

When it is all said and done I think my Dad will still claim me. My aim wasn't too poor, I usually shot low but I think that had something to do with minor anxiety and a tendency to flinch significantly each time I fired. I knew I needed to take a camera along to document the occassion and the boys suggested I take the picture standing over my conquered watermelon. It was quite the colorful wreckage. I recommend watermelons to clay pigeons and targets any day!



*Please ignore just how hideous I look. And just to clarify, I'm not pregnant but I did have a bit of stuff shoved in the pocket of that hoodie!

4 comments:

Jul said...

Those poor watermelons!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you came, hope pop group wins out over crazy watermelon assulting?? Have a great week:)

Shannon said...

The title of this post is definitely an attention grabber! I'm glad you documented this - didn't you say you didn't bring your camera?

Jordanlz said...

Jealous! I want to shoot guns!