September 07, 2009

Potter Puppet Pals

I recently finished re-reading the sixth and seventh Harry Potter books. Like a true nerd, I find myself making all kinds of H.P. references and generally spending too much time thinking about this fictional world. Thankfully I've managed to keep it mostly to myself. Then Janine introduced me to this youtube sensation.


I would like to dedicate this to my fabulous lady friends who are sick and tired of looking for jobs, you know who you are. You should also know that the comedic value of this clip increases upon the number of times it is viewed.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Thomas liked it, too:) Miss you!

Lindsey Bench said...

I cannot tell you how much I loved this post. Mostly because I am currently re-reading the series, just started #6, and am as nerdy as you. All I think about is Harry Potter and all I want is to find out I am a wizard and escape this muggle prison.

Mallory said...

I remember seeing this for the first time a few years ago and it never stops being funny. I just laugh harder and harder in anticipation of Harry Potter's part to come up. Oh and after the pause when Snape and Harry go back and forth and Hermoine glides across the back, "Heeeeermoine"-- I just explode. There is no shame, I love Harry Potter with all my heart I think. (PS thanks for the dedication!)

Jul said...

Wow, that was hilarious. And it all makes sense to me now! Lauren, you would be so proud of me. After all these years of resisting HP because of all of its hype, I finally just read the entire series in two weeks. Seriously, I just finished #7 last week. I had some issues with some of the characters (particularly Snape-- wasn't a very believable character to me...). But, if you ever want to talk about HP with someone, I'm all for it now. :P

Jules said...

I love love love Potter Puppet Pals! The Mysterious Ticking Noise is definitely my favorite one, and it just gets better every time I watch it.

emilie s. d. p. said...

Just what I needed to break up the monotony of editing and re-editing my resume!
By the way, I had an interview at a bank today. They said they'd let me know within a week...keep your fingers crossed for me please.

Alyssa said...

Alex and I watched that last night!

And I thought I was the last person on earth to see those clips when my bros showed them to me when I got home from my mission, but no!

I like the "I'm Harry Potter, I'm totally awesome, school is for losers" one.... and have you seen TMTN clip where it's sped up? That's hilarious.