September 15, 2009

Looking to the Lord

When I feel like the very foundations of my world have been shaken I try to look to the Lord. This past week during family scripture study we read from 1st Nephi and a few of those verses came to mind today. In chapter seven Nephi talks about remembering the goodness and blessings that the Lord provides in our lives and the importance of our personal faith.

Today I am trying to dwell on the positive things in life, past and present. In accordance with this mindset I am attempting to install, here are some good things about today.

  • a satisfying workout, lots of calories burned, not enough but a start
  • the recent release of a new Muse album, have you checked it out?
  • the maintenance man completed repairs on the closet ceiling, now I can finally unpack/organize...
  • ....which leads to my sister and her kind and generous heart. I still have somewhere to live, relax, regroup and move forward. She also buys me lemonade when I go on carnival rides that make me pukey (I should probably devote a separate post to that!)

Incidentally I am again a texting woman. It has been a long break, and although I am still morally opposed to the overuse and abuse of texting, I have seen it fit to join the world of text again. Now I will actually respond to all those texts people have undoubtably been sending my way!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I love that you are a blogger and that it allows me little glimpses into your life, my friend! I miss you and think you are just so awesome. Have fun with those texts:)

Shannon said...

Hey - you posted too! GREAT post, by the way. And way to be on making it to the gym. You rock the house (think of song/cheer).

Molly said...

I think it's so important to focus on the positive things in life, especially when we are lacking things that normally bring self worth (i.e. a job!). Sometimes I forget how truly blessed I am. Thanks for the reminder! :)