September 16, 2009

LeRoy Robert Marsh



My dear sweet Grandpa passed away at home last week in Plano, Texas. He was an absolute gentlemen. He spent these past few years fighting Parkinson's, but never ceased to be his delightful self.

Earlier this summer, I had the privilege and blessing of taking out my endowments. I am deeply grateful the Lord saw fit to extend my Grandfather's life so that he could accompany me through the temple and be there to witness such a pivotal event in my life.

As a child I equated golf, the pool, hats, and special trips to the ice cream store with my Grandpa. As an adult, I cherish those memories and have come to associate a few more things with him. Although he served honorably in both the Korean and Vietnam Wars, it is his church service as a missionary and temple worker that define his life.


*This picture is my Grandpa at age twenty-one. Is it really any wonder that my Grandma fell for him?!

7 comments:

layne said...

Such a sweet post Lauren. I hope your Grandma is doing well!

Shannon said...

Uh - that was me, not Layne (obviously)... Weird.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Lauren. He seems like an amazine man. I'm in awe at the events that have taken place in the past couple months for you, making it so you could be with him in the temple. So sweet.

Darcy said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. It is so hard to lose a grandparent, especially one that you were close with. Best wishes.

Molly said...

Lauren, I'm sorry for your loss and I hope your family is well. It's times like these that remind us how blessed we are to have the Gospel and the peace it brings.

P.S. You're grandpa was a stud muffin! :)

emilie s. d. p. said...

I love that picture! I'm so glad you were able to go to the temple with him this summer, I can't think of any better memory to share with someone. It's amazing that even though he's been sick for a while, he was still able to go through with you. Such a miracle and a blessing!

Hilary Jan said...

I am sorry to hear that but I am grateful that you were able to have him with you at your endowment. Maybe I am just seeing things but I think Darius looks kind of like your grandpa when he was young.