June 17, 2009

Back in U.S.S.R.

Actually I'm back in the USA. Janine and I are desperately trying to adjust to the heat and humidity, playing tennis yesterday afternoon in the height of the smoldering sun was probably not the best way.

It is always rough coming back to real life after a getaway. Thankfully I have a bit of a buffer before I'm back in the swing of things. For the next few days I'm hanging out with Janine at her house. I love this girl and getting to spend three weeks with one of my best friends is a rare treat.

Later this week my suitcases and I will venture further west and spend some time at the Marsh home with Mom, Dad, and Darius. I don't think I could handle a whole summer in North Platte (personal issues with the city itself, NOT my family!) but I always welcome the chance to spend some time relishing in the comforts of being home with my family.

Next week we venture down to Texas to see some of my all time favorite people in the world, my grandparents! This will be a meaningful trip for me and I am very much looking forward to it.



Stay tuned for updates on England. The trip went well apart from the security screening in the airport. I may or may not have burst into uncontrollable laughter when I set some alarms off and had to endure what felt like a lengthy pat down.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Hope you had a fun trip. Oh-I can't wait to hear about hiking.

Shannon said...

Hoorah for America! It's glad to have you back. I, for one, am glad at least. Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Crooked Brooke said...

Lengthy pat downs always make me giggle, too.

Darcy said...

I'm glad you are back but it still sounds like you have a full summer ahead of you.

Molly said...

Yay! Welcome back! Can we please get together sometime before I move back to California??? Squeeze me into your schedule because I have to hear about the pat down firsthand. Perhaps it is a tale to be told over Maverick frozen yogurt and a Bollywood movie?

emilie s. d. p. said...

So glad you made it back safe and sound! I can't wait to see all your pictures.