I went to bed over four hours ago and have yet to stay asleep for more than 15 minutes tops. After tossing and turning literally for hours, I decided to just get out of bed and you guessed it, blog!
I'm not one usually plagued by this most unwelcome syndrome. For the past several nights, I've gotten my best sleep between about five and nine am. Clearly my body is on one because I've found myself wide awake in the three and four o'clock hour each night this week. According to Wikipedia, this is most likely due to stress or depression... I blame packing!
This past week I've been fortunate enough to be off work and that means I have plenty of time to pack and tie up loose ends. Too bad packing is one thing I absolutely loathe! My dislike for this task is compounded times three because not only am I packing for a trip to England, I'm also packing for an additional two to three weeks after England, when I'll be in a completely different and much warmer climate. On top of that, I need to pack the rest of my belongings as they are being stored for the duration of my travels so that I can move when I get back after a month.
Now I can hardly complain about having to pack a suitcase for a trip to one of my favorite places, but I could use Mary Poppins right about now to conjure up some magically packed suitcases!
*And now, I am pleased to report that my eyes feel heavy and I think that I shall climb back into bed. Wish me luck!
4 comments:
You poor thing; this sounds kind of like me the last couple of weeks. You're not pregnant, are you? And you know, if insomnia ever hits again, you could always read the Board. ;) Just sayin'. I miss you by the way!
Maybe your body is preparing for England? In any case, that's rough. As for packing - have you looked into vacuum bags? The amount of space you save by using those things is amazing. Just a thought...
Happy trails. ;)
I think it's the excitement and anxiety for new things? On a very important note... we need to do something soon!!!
Not being able to sleep is such a terrible feeling! I'm sorry it's only made worse by the fact that you have to figure out how to pack for the next several weeks.
It will all be worth it when you land in England though! Good Luck!
Post a Comment