Tonight I donned my wellies and grabbed my houndstooth "Seattle umbrella" and enjoyed a tranquil stroll in the rain around my neighborhood. It wasn't quite as warm as a summer storm in Nebraska, nor did I have a porch to sit and watch the lightening, but I enjoyed it anyway. I felt a kinship with the little girls across the street who were running back and forth on their porch issuing squeals of delight as they took turns dashing out from under their shelter to get wet.
May 24, 2009
The Rain in Spain Falls Mainly on the Plain
Tonight I donned my wellies and grabbed my houndstooth "Seattle umbrella" and enjoyed a tranquil stroll in the rain around my neighborhood. It wasn't quite as warm as a summer storm in Nebraska, nor did I have a porch to sit and watch the lightening, but I enjoyed it anyway. I felt a kinship with the little girls across the street who were running back and forth on their porch issuing squeals of delight as they took turns dashing out from under their shelter to get wet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm pretty sure I have those same exact rain boots! Different colored tiny polka dots all over the place? That would be them. :) Cute.
Hey Lauren!
Rob and I are in Texas right now and the thunderstorms are astonishing... maybe like the ones you relished in Nebraska. Last night I was up for over an hour because the of the flashes of light and constant rumbling.
I think Utah must have traded with Seattle because it's been extremely warm and sunny here lately.
Warm rains are the best. I'm sure Kansas and Nebraska have similar storms (...I can't believe I'll be living there in a few months!)
I love the boots!
Post a Comment