This is Mrs. Stilson's third grade class at Spring Creek, the school I work in. This past year the classroom as a whole has tried out the use of stability balls in place of traditional chairs. On any given day, bouncing children can be seen as I walk by. I think it is a great way to allow the kids a controlled outlet for their wiggles. On Friday morning while they were testing, some photographers from the Daily Herald came to capture a few shots for a story they had in mind. The article and additional pictures can be found here , my head can be found in the top right of this picture!

4 comments:
You're famous! They should also do a feature on the use of Bollywood in fifth grade classrooms...
Don't backs start to hurt after sitting all day with no support? I guess that's the advantage of being young?
I cannot imagine that they don't get a fit of giggles as they wobble about! Does the whole class use them or just when they work at the computor station?
I think it's genius to have kids sit on balls like that. I don't think I could do it all day but I'm sure it helps them keep their energy toned down. I love your little head in the picture too.
Post a Comment