The best decision I made this week was to spend the weekend in Bountiful with Shannon. They say that laughter is the best medicine, we had a hearty dose of it on Friday and Saturday. We struck quite a balance actually, given the movie choices we went with. I highly recommend The Boy in the Striped Pajamas and The Soloist, however if you should choose to watch them, be sure to supplement your film watching experience with good company and a followup activity involving a good laugh. We followed up the gut wrenching tale of two young boys on opposite sides of the fence with a local improv show that was quite funny. Can we say Taj-Ma-Bot and the ever comical malady, alopecia?! After catching a matinee showing of The Soloist I was feeling quite moved but heavy so we indulged in a little shopping at Anthropologie and then went to visit the photo booth. Sadly it was broken so we decided to do a little recreation of our own in the dingy, cramped booth. I learned a few things about myself, I need to be more specific when I call out picture themes for one. "American Gothic" works pretty well but I think I need to come up with a new name for the obligatory peace sign pose! I could also benefit from some facial expression exercises because when Shannon told me to make an excited face, I screamed??
We made a super yummy pico de gallo-esque concoction on saturday for lunch/dinner. Basically I chopped up roma tomatoes, red onion, green pepper, and cilantro then added a can of black beans and a can of corn. We ate it with chips and it was delicious. On Sunday morning we went to Music and the Spoken word before I headed back down to Provo. These beautiful flowers were just outside the visitor's center. Shannon was super awesome and thought we should do a craft while I was there. We made magnet boards with metal sheeting. We use scraps of fabric to cover buttons and attached magnets to the back of them. Super cute, super easy, pretty cheap and lots of fun. We even did it in bed!


3 comments:
Hey, your post is a lot like mine (or will be, once I finish it)! Again, GREAT weekend. All of it. Someone told me a joke tonight and I couldn't smile properly because my cheek muscles were so strained. That hasn't happened in a long time.
Love ya shmush shmush!
I think every blog post should end with "We even did it in bed!" from now on. Ha ha. Sounds like a great weekend to me! We also made it to the Tulip Festival, there were so many beautiful flowers!
Your weekend sounds like so much fun! I'm loving your haircut too.
I've been wanting to see The Boy in the Striped Pajamas so now I just need to come up with a fun, happy activity to do after I watch it.
Post a Comment