April 23, 2009

Another year has gone by...


"Nothing is more dangerous to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future."
-from the author of Into The Wild, Chris McCandless

Despite my own delusions regarding the past year and how quickly it flew, I have indeed been a college graduate for one whole year now. Or, as my roommate put it this evening, I have "survived being an adult for a year."

It has been a year full of changes, I've never needed to adapt or figure out as many things all at once. Looking back, I'm not sure how I thought things would be post graduation and to be honest I still don't really know how I feel about the current state of my life. I've missed filling blue books and living in the library but I've never grown nostalgic for late night paper writing stints or sick to my stomach test taking days.

Thankfully I've stayed afloat and found my way.
I would like to press the pause button every now and then. With that said, I look forward to the future and taking hold of my life.

*I could not resist borrowing Celine Dion lyrics for my title, so useful!

2 comments:

emilie s. d. p. said...

We're getting old.

Darcy said...

Lauren, all I can say is that you are awsome. I am so glad that I got to know you this year. Hopefully when you leave Provo we will keep in touch, either with facebook or our blogs.