November 10, 2008

Flames on the side of my face


Amber: "Ms. Stoeger, my plastic surgeon doesn't want me doing any activity where balls fly at my nose."

I went to FHE tonight. I have not engaged in said activity for quite some time due to my recent nomadic living situation and a burnout of BYU/Provo ward activities. Since I began attending this new ward I decided to end my hiatus of what I deemed to be non essential church activities.

My Bishop and his wife walked into the gym, they were each holding some items that illicited quite the opposite internal reaction. Sister Ball carried cake and ice cream.... good reaction. Bishop Ball hauled in a bag full of big red balls...bad reaction/ flashback to sixth grade gym.

We played dogeball amongst other games involving balls being thrown at me with force. I went to FHE AND WE PLAYED DODGEBALL! The lesson was enriching but may next week be better and ball free.



And one more Clueless quote for good measure:

Cher: "I was surfing the crimson wave. I had to haul ass to the ladies'."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok first of all, I love that the end of your blog is in French. I also love the title of this post. Sounds like FHE is going to make for some good stories. I hope things are going well at the new job.

Shannon said...

I feel like there is so much to catch up on with you Lauren! Sounds like your new ward will be filled with memorable experiences. I'm not the biggest fan of dodgeball either... I've always secretly worried that I have a magnetic attraction to balls in my head!
Have a good day at work today!
Love ya!

BrookeJean said...

That quote is awesome!! Also, I don't envy your recent activities. I hate it when a bunch of balls are flying at my face.

BrookeJean said...

Also, I just realized all of your stuff on this blog ... minus the actual blog ... is in another language. Man I am slow.

Mallory said...

I hated Evette So much...flames. Flames coming out of the side of my face...Oh, you gave me a great laugh with the title of your post. You were appropriately in shock when the bag of red balls was released.

Hilary Jan said...

HAHA, everytime I decide to give certian church activities another chance I am reminded why I usually skip out.