November 06, 2008

We Gotta Learn To Read

Porky sure got that one right.

Today was my first day of work at Spring Creek Elementary school. I interviewed and was offered the job earlier this week to work one on one with about twenty fourth, fifth and sixth graders. I will be heading up the Great Leaps Literacy program in the school along with one or two other paraprofessionals. I am so excited to meet the students and to build a relationship with them. Today I familiarized myself with the curriculum and created files for all of my students....the best part of the day might just have been going wild with butcher paper and endless school supplies to set up/decorate my desk area! Tomorrow I'll be meeting with my first students and doing something that actually makes a difference!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Your job sounds like a dream Lauren! I'm so very excited for you!!

BrookeJean said...

That is so amazing! Working with kids is so fun. Keep us updated on how it goes.

Jodi said...

Lauren! That's SO exciting! Congrats!

MKS said...

I am excited for you. How did you land that job? I love that you went crazy with butcher paper and school supplies. Sounds like something I would do.

Mallory said...

OK...I am jealous of you. I want to decorate a workspace with construction paper. That job sounds so perfect for you. How fulfilling. . You'll have to sneak some pictures of your workspace to post.

emilie s. d. p. said...

I so want to see what your desk area looks like! I bet it's fabulous :o)

Hilary Jan said...

I am trying to catch up on blogs today, I am way behind but I am so excited for your job!!!! It sounds wonderful! How is it going?