September 13, 2008

Simply The Best

First day, first museum, Athens. The National Archaeological was one of my favorite places, for reasons other than the butt...don't worry.

For some reason tonight has found me reflecting on study abroad and sifting through pictures packed with really pleasant memories. It hardly feels like I went at all because much has happened since I returned, even this past week seems a distant blur for me. Perhaps this is due to the fact that my dear friend Caroline (featured in candid identical laughing pose below) has just begun another study abroad adventure. The few electronic conversations I have shared with her this past week opened a flood gate, and memories rushed through me from our adventure together at the beginning of this summer. In order to satisfy my desire to hop on a plane and be in Europe again, I just have to take a little walk down that old familiar lane. It really was a blast, the amount of fun we appear to be having in this picture is definitely proportional to the fun that we actually had. Caroline and I took this picture in a little garden courtyard outside a church in Rome. We were laughing so hard because Caroline pretty much hates being touched...even more so than I! Though I may not always stay in contact with these girls, the bonds we made are strong and thinking back will always bring a smile to my face.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

You look SO happy in these pictures Lauren! It makes me super happy. I'm glad you got to have this Study Abroad adventure. I'll call you this afternoon, cara mia.

Caroline said...

Awww. I wish you were here, Lauren! This week has been really hard because Europe feels the same, but it feels like you and Mallory and the Molly(ie)s and Brianna should be with me! I forgot how hard it is the first bit to get a group of friends...thanks for the memories!

BrookeJean said...

I'm going to come to you on the best places to visit/stay when I can finally afford a trip to Europe! So be prepared! ;) (Even though it'll probably be a good 20-30 years from now)

emilie s. d. p. said...

That first picture cracks me up. I love your expression (and your tan lines rock too!).
I love that you had so many great friends to be with on your study abroad!