I spent about thirty minutes on the phone with a radio personality from Kentucky placing a large order for princess costumes today. A few minutes after I completed her order she called back in and got another rep, she asked for me and I was certain I had done something wrong. Turns out she was just really friendly and wanted to chat with me for a few minutes about Pleasant Grove because she realized she knew some people from here. Pleasantly surprised by her candor, I answered her questions about where I was from and what I was currently doing with life. I mentioned the fact that I was originally from England.
Later, it became apparent to me that some of the other reps had overheard our conversation because later on in the day, one of my coworkers affronted me in the hall. I say affront because she literally stared me down and spat out something about me being British. I responded that I was and she proceeded to think for a moment, and replied that I looked like I was. Before I could even begin to formulate a response to what may have been an insult...who knows, she had turned on her heels and fled the building.
I'm not going to lie, it was weird! In other news, despite odd interactions with coworkers the job is going really well.
3 comments:
wow, that sounds weird, to say the least! good luck with the new job; I look forward to some more crazy stories!
I love that that lady called back to chat! That must've been a nice change of pace for you.
... and yes, the Fridge is still alive and running better than ever (although it still shakes like an earthquake).
What a weirdey! She's just jealous of your roots.
Post a Comment