
Few are more patriotic than cowboys are, rodeos are filled with feel good music, awkward cowboy prayers, yummy food and plenty of plaid and wranglers. Despite the good times I just don't think I can support them anymore and am in favor of banishing all events except mutton busting. Who doesn't love watching a little kid hanging on for dear life to a sheep that is racing around the arena. I can still support this laughable event because unlike others, the sheep aren't being pinched or tied up or thrown to the ground.
In the calf roping, it became more and more difficult to watch these little calf be wrestled and violently slammed to the ground only to be bound up by rope. I don't really like to think about the reason why the horses buck either. I'm not some great lover of animals and have never been a fan of the circus or zoo, but I just don't understand why these poor animals have to put up with the stress of performing this way.
3 comments:
I agree. Whatever possessed some cowboy to start this trend is completely beyond me.
You are so cute sticking up for those poor animals! You have a good soul and the farm animals love you for it :o)
But in all honesty I'm in total agreement with you. It's like those shows on TV that show people getting hurt in extreme sports over and over again. I just can't stand it. I always hate it when America's Funniest Home Videos shows people getting thrown off a bike or sled too, I just can't laugh, instead I'm left wondering if the person got hurt and if they're okay.
Being a girl from Nebraska I have been to my share of Rodeo's and I have to agree, while sitting through them I feel large amounts of anxiety 1 for the animals (especially the calf roping) and 2 for the inevitable rider who gets trampled on by some massive bull, and while everyone shows the appropriate amount of concern I think secretly they are there for that specific reason :(
Post a Comment