What I didn't know when I accepted the offer on Wednesday night was that this could be one of the most random/hilarious/entertaining/strange work experiences of my life. I am doing customer service work for Costume Craze of Pleasant Grove. This company is quite amazing actually, who knew the world of online costume retail was such a lucrative thing!?
At the end of my first day I have decided that although this is not the type of work I would usually seek out, I think the next two months there will be fun and non stop chuckles. I feel like I clicked with one of the other newbies and boy am I glad, there is not much else to do but lock eyes and challenge one another not to laugh when some dude calls in and asks about wearing boxers or briefs with a school girl costume. A few other things that solidified the awesomeness of my new work environment....
- The super cool finger print scanner that we use to clock in and out.
- The team leader that sits in a cubicle featuring a World Of Warcraft calender as well as some cool fantasy figurines on her CPU.
- Another CSR whom upon meeting us greeting us by holding up her hand with her fingers making the live long and prosper sign...I'm sensing a theme that some of the employees are just as odd as our creeptastic customers.
- The fact that I work at a costume wearhouse and get to look at their website all day perusing the likes of this, this and this, not to mention, this.
7 comments:
I think this job sounds great! How funny is that! I for one don't take Halloween seriously but other's that do are pure entertainment.
I am glad you found something for the next two months!
Sounds like you have the job of all jobs! Keep us updated on the strange phone calls you receive. I am guessing there will be plenty of laughs that go hand in hand with this place!
I'm actually really jealous...this might be the most wonderful job I've ever heard of. It's like living in a fantasy world where people are dressing up and becoming anything they want and YOU get to help them! I'm sure many funny stories/experiences will follow so definitely keep us updated!
P.S. That pimp costume is hilarious, but I think the guy who modeled for it is even funnier. Can you imagine that job???
OK Nu Skin goes all out for Halloween so I am so glad that you put this blog up becuase now I think I know what I want to be and where to get it, so now I may be one of your crazy customers, haha!
PS I think I want to be the ladybug
Your new job is seriously going to enrich the lives of all of your friends. I'm totally buying that pimp comstume for Lant--he'd look totally dope in it!
those costumes are HILARIOUS. thanks for posting this. your job sounds like the bomb, even though you don't think so.
Wow, what an interesting job! You guys have some crazy stuff. Just remember not to light your pita on fire.
Post a Comment