August 07, 2008

In completely unrelated news:

  • There is a trailer for Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. To be perfectly honest, I had forgotten about the last couple of movies still to come out. The preview looks good though and makes me excited for November. Speaking of which, I think I was supposed to re-read those books this summer.
  • I had a dream last night that I was getting married. The wedding day was chalk full of chaos, particularly in the clothing department. For some reason I was not wearing a wedding dress, a fact that seemed normal at the time. In the end we decided on a purple skirt with these matching shiny purple shoes and I had on a blue and white stripy shirt under a gray cardigan. What a weird thing to get married in. On the outside I was stressed about what to wear to the ceremony- all the while I was freaking out on the inside because I remember not wanting to marry this person.
  • When a girl has a bad day I recommend this, this and some good girlfriends. Thanks to my neighbors who came to the rescue and sensed my deep despair when I went hunting for a James Marsden fix last night, I did not spend the night wallowing alone. I stopped by looking for a very specific pick me up and they had just the ticket, they refused to let me watch it alone. Jana held me down so I wouldn't leave and her sister ran out for Smart Cookie. Thanks girls!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You have a blog, too! Woo hoo! :) Not like it's a big surprise, everyone is getting on board the blog thing now. It took me a bit to figure out which Lauren this was, I'll admit it. But I'm so happy to keep tabs on your life now :)

Courtney N said...

So Im not that into "chick flicks" but I watch 27 Dresses on the flight back from England and I totally cried... no joke... on the airplane! And you gotta seriously LOVE Smart Cookie : )

emilie s. d. p. said...

That sounds like so much fun...except your dream of course...that sounds terrible. Are you secretly coveting my purple shoes??? j/k.

Anonymous said...

Oh mercy-you have a lot going on. I'm glad there were people there to cheer you up.

Shannon said...

I love your new banner! Hope the working interview went well and that the rental was a lot of fun for you today. Can't wait to hear all about it!!