Man I should be a professional blogger. I'm not incredibly blog savvy nor do I say anything particularly earth shattering but if points were awarded based on frequency of posts...I'd be numero uno.
My morning news routine consists of hitting up a few news sites that feature photos of the day like BBC or National Geographic. Photography is something that I appreciate because of my Visual Arts/Art History background, though only one or two of my classes actually involved discussion of the art form. I don't produce much art, though I do consider my card making to be an outlet. Arranging patterns and colors together is a great way to let my creative side out, a number of recent MASH games have determined that my consistent dream job would be to design paper!
Lately I find that my eyes simply yearn to take in rich, colorful, visually stimulating images, luckily my avid blogging habits afford ample opportunity to do so. I can't get enough of textures, shape, color contrasts and a frenzy of optical activity. Chihuly and I could be best friends because his work satiates my desire for the above mentioned qualities.
Images don't have to be the best quality, or of the most exciting subject matter. More than anything it is just the play of colors and patterns which is why I also love this as well.
2 comments:
I have no problem that you are the number one blogger. Just so you know. It's great to check your blog and see that there is something new to learn from you. I love it! Ooo - and I just saw that you have a post on Roma! I'll go read that now...
love that picture of your nephew. so darling! and i'm with that girl above me, i like that you post alot!
Post a Comment