June 26, 2008

The Sweetest Thing

It is the end of June and I just now got around to checking out my grades from Winter Semester. As evidenced by my just checking the matter, I am clearly not uptight about my grades. Over the duration of my time in college, I learned that grades do not mean everything. This realization did not come quickly or easily. There have been many tears upon learning that despite my best efforts, I was awarded poor grades. I digress though.

This post is a happy one. From the beginning of my Senior Thesis class until now I have had no sort of understanding about my grades. I assumed I was making fine progress and that my research was adequate as my professor never voiced any concerns. In the back of my mind I carried around a fear that I would have somehow not passed or done really terribly. These fears were substantiated more than they should have been when Mark J. made some off hand sarcastic remark about me graduating.

Well today my mind is at piece and his humor is more clearly defined because I pulled of an A in my thesis class.....WAHOO!!!

On the old record player: Cemeteries of London, Coldplay

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Congrats! That's awesome. Isn't it fun not to worry about your grades? It's pretty much my life motto.

C&C said...

how exciting! sometimes i feel like the less i worry about things, the better i do. congrats!

emilie s. d. p. said...

Good for you! It's always the best to find out you've done well when you haven't been worrying about it.
Although I'm not surprised, you're brilliant and you know it!