The thing I love most about summer is being able to read for pleasure, without guilt. The textbooks and articles are no longer sitting on my bedside table beckoning me to read them, instead I can curl up with a book of personal interest, that can be read according to my own schedule and desire.
Yesterday in my study abroad prep class I suggested that those who are interested, bring one paperback book with them to read and then rotate. We have such limited luggage capabilities, but I could not imagine not having something good to read as we are taking a train ride across Italy or through the chunnel.
Off the top of my head this is what I want to read or re-read as the case may be:







What books are on your "to read" list?
On the old record player: Explosive Corrosive Joseph, John Schroeder
5 comments:
Honestly, nothing quite so noble as what you're pursuing. I'm just reading a lot of C. S. Lewis and then Lemony Snicket is my guilty pleasure. Silly, I know. I think this summer I'm going to start my "serious" reading list.
the kite runner (you already know that!), the proper care and feeding of husbands by Dr. Laura, and the latest one from Oprah's book club--a new world or something like that.
Good list, although I'm really not a fan of Kite Runner. I want to read The Brothers K, Man's Search for Meaning, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, and Clash of Kings (fantasy) this summer.
I like your tea towels! I started reading The Picture of Dorian Gray a while ago. I need to finish that.
I am a little late, but I am reading chronicles of narnia, all of them. Only the little kid stuff for me. I watched the Diving Bell and the Butterfly...the most torturous claustrophobic movie ever. By the looks of it, you can handle a lot more adultish things than I.
Post a Comment