April 16, 2008

Deux semaines

Two weeks. Two measly weeks is all that stands between me and what should be the most exciting adventure of my life thus far.

As I sit here at work, bored out of my gourd, willing the minutes to go by faster so that I can work on yet another paper, I have a few things rolling around the old thinker.

First, I wish the dollar did not suck so much right now. Seriously, we are taking all time lows for exchange rates, as if I were not already poor enough! Second, I really hope that my flight isn't canceled. American Airlines has not had the best track record this past week, but here is to a new start full of scheduled departures proceeding as planned. The third thing I've been mulling over is my acute awareness of how completely foreign and isolated I may feel on this trip. I seem to have a little anxiety and I can't pin point exactly why. I'm sure everything will be fine and that I'll have a blast, come on, Greece, Italy, France, Spain and England....

On the old record player: How Will She Know? Enchanted

3 comments:

emilie s. d. p. said...

Your flight CANNOT be cancelled. It just won't happen. Europe NEEDS you this summer.

Anonymous said...

You will have a blast and you will forget all about me. Sad.

Anonymous said...

Lauren dear,
While your count down is getting smaller for gradumacation and the big trip to europe, so few are the days i have left with you. It is a good thing I'm not staying to work here over the summer, or I'd be pretty depressed.