I am convinced that I have the best friends (mostly all women) in the world. I can laugh, cry, gripe, goof, pontificate and be spiritual with my friends. I feel comfortable in the give and take, ebb and flow of our friendships. The women in my life are strong, smart, capable and compassionate beings. Though many are far away and in different stages of life, I feel blessed to know and love them all.
Me, Mom, & Janine at Roark and Katie's Wedding.The ultimate friends, mother and sister.
October 2005, Santa Cruz.
"Being a woman is a terribly difficult task, since it consists principally in dealing with men."
-Joseph Conrad (Dedicated to Janine)
"There are people fond of saying that women are the weaker instruments, but I don't believe it. Physically they may be, but spiritually, morally, religiously, and in faith, what man can match a woman who is really converted to the gospel!
-Hugh B. Brown
"For the hand that rocks the cradleIs the hand that rules the world."
-William R. Wallace
"The righteous woman's strength and influence today can be tenfold what it might be in more tranquil times. She has been placed here to help to enrich, to protect, and to guard the home--which is society's basic and most noble institution."
-Spencer W. Kimball
On the old record player: Hold Me Now, Thompson Twins
-Joseph Conrad (Dedicated to Janine)
"There are people fond of saying that women are the weaker instruments, but I don't believe it. Physically they may be, but spiritually, morally, religiously, and in faith, what man can match a woman who is really converted to the gospel!
-Hugh B. Brown
"For the hand that rocks the cradleIs the hand that rules the world."
-William R. Wallace
"The righteous woman's strength and influence today can be tenfold what it might be in more tranquil times. She has been placed here to help to enrich, to protect, and to guard the home--which is society's basic and most noble institution."
-Spencer W. Kimball
On the old record player: Hold Me Now, Thompson Twins
3 comments:
Love the Joseph Conrad quote! So your scooter is for sale? Ok, you can NOT, I repeat, not move. You are commanded to graduate and live here, by me. :)
WOMEN ROCK! Enough said.
I feel like I should be marching in some women's right's parade right now.
Thanks for the dedication, I love it and I think that I will add it to my favorite quotes.
Janine
Post a Comment