March 05, 2008

Glassblowing Pirates

My blog has been in existence far too long without me expressing my undying adoration for Dale Chihuly. Though he works in a not so average medium he is quite possibly one of my favorites artists of all time. I currently own a colorful book or two on his artwork and have visited a few of his installations throughout the country. Someday, when I marry rich, I am confident that I will own an original Chihuly. Until then I have pictures, glorious pictures.

One of my favorite outdoor installations, on the pond at Chatsworth, Derbyshire.

I could go for a shelf or two of these. Can you imagine how fabulous that would be with natural light coming through them?!

An original Chihuly, collaboration with Steinway pianos.


On the old record player: Strawberry Fields Forever, The Beatles

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cool! I love that piano and the canoe. Don't worry you'll definietly marry rich and you'll have millions of dollars worth of the finest art.

emilie s. d. p. said...

It's all so beautiful! Too bad I didn't get to see him while he had an exhibit in Salt Lake.
I need to get a copy of that botanical garden book with Chihuly's work.
If I become an billionaire before you I promise I'll by you an original but that means if you become a billionaire first you have to buy me one :o)

emilie s. d. p. said...

P.S. Depending on how today's sales go will you post a picture of your scooter on your blog, a girl I work with wants one and so I read her your decription but she wants to see it. She also asked how fast it could go.

katherine said...

hello miss lauren--i love the shelves holding glass and i love how you and emilie hang out together. how much longer before you leave? that is on my dream/goal list. whelp, talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

I love Chihuly.
Janine