March 16, 2008

Fun Run


Really is there such a thing? I'm not really a person who enjoys running or ever does so voluntarily. Despite that, I participated in the Rex Lee Run For Cancer Research this morning. Bright and early I aroused from my bed and forced myself out into the cold. I was thankful it didn't rain or snow as was previously forecasted but by golly it was cold!


My friend Jordan and I did the 5k or 3.2 mile run. With an equal combination of one part jogging and one part speed walking we finished in about forty minutes. I felt good about that considering I am not a runner and I've never done any sort of marathon-esque thing before in my life.

It was for a good cause and I think it is important to be a part of something bigger than yourself every once in a while. I also think that breakfast is important and yummy... go KNEADERS!

On the old record player: Going to a town, Rufus Wainwright
(I saw him in concert tonight....AMAZING! More to come of course!)

5 comments:

C&C said...

I already commended you on your facebook wall, but good for you! i need to stop being a bum and exercise myself before i become a married lady who has let herself go!

Anonymous said...

Check you out!

emilie s. d. p. said...

You're so awesome! I like the shirts too! 5ks are hard because they're usually in the morning and it's always so cold so I'm super proud of you. As you know, doing any form of excercise on a Saturday morning is difficult for me.

BrookeJean said...

Good for you! One of these days I will get enough courage to run one of those things. One of these days ...

Anonymous said...

Yea for raising money and awareness for such a good cause!
Janine