January 23, 2008

Zoobies

Today I sat in front of the Student Leadership offices to do some reading. Watching yuppy BYUSA people mill around prompted the following question in my mind. Why do I despise (strong word choice I know, slightly dramatic I think) these people? Is it because I am secretly jealous that they took the time to apply or run for their resume padding position? Or is it because I believe that what they do is pointless?

As I was mulling this over in my mind a group of custodians walked by and cleaned the windows. Watching these workers do their respectable job gave me my answer. I despise the BYUSA yuppies because I don't respect what they do. Their efforts are in vain because they don't achieve anything valid unless you count handing out hot chocolate to be worthwhile.

*For any of you who remain unconvinced and perceive me to be jealous let me offer up the following recent happening. A girl in my ward named Jenna offered me the chance to serve on the Student Advisory Council as a library representative. I turned down the offer.

2 comments:

emilie s. d. p. said...

Agreed. Giving out a free hotdog and hot chocolate once a semester just doesn't do it for me.
I'm actually rather curious, what does the BYUSA do when they're not handing out these treats?

Anonymous said...

I agree with you-I thought that the entire point of BYUSA was to prance around in preppy clothes and pretend that Pres. Samuelson actually listens to what you say. I hate those people too. I feel that they're the type of people that become politicians--all talk and no work.