Over the weekend we had a roommate lunch at Tucanos. Consumption reached painful levels, enough said. We meandered over to Victoria Secret during the wait to get in. For reasons unknown and unimportant they were carrying the Spice Girl's Greatest Hits album for $5. What a treasure. Unbeknown to me, one of my roommates actually purchased it.
Good times were had by all as we danced around regurgitating lyrics that were deeply embedded in our memories. The euphoria outweighed the shame. Incidentally the same night Brooke came home with the soundtrack to Hairspray. I recently sat through this movie that I vehemently avoided for quite some time. Two viewings later and I'm hooked. I would be hard pressed to select which CD delighted me more.
Good times were had by all as we danced around regurgitating lyrics that were deeply embedded in our memories. The euphoria outweighed the shame. Incidentally the same night Brooke came home with the soundtrack to Hairspray. I recently sat through this movie that I vehemently avoided for quite some time. Two viewings later and I'm hooked. I would be hard pressed to select which CD delighted me more.
On the old record player: Two Points For Honesty Guster.
(Yes I am starting that, yes I am blatantly stealing this from Wendy's blog, yes I have been wanting to do it for a long time, yes imitation is the best form of flattery.)
3 comments:
I'm flattered. I stole it from another random literary agent's blog I used to use, so I guess the love keeps rolling forth.
James Marsden rocked my friggin' socks off in Hairspray. I love that soundtrack, though I'll admit, the movie was a little over hyped for me. I liked it, but I didn't love it overall. Also, I hated the cross promotion on So You Think You Can Dance.
Yeah, I never "used" the agent's blog. Rather, I read it.
Sheesh. You'd think I never studied editing. I am ashamed.
Now you just need to get out your Ace of Base and Aqua cd's.
I know you have them!
I really need to see Hairspray. I'm not sure if Mitch will be able to sit through it or not? But we'll have to give it a try.
Post a Comment