Back in the day I was a big fan of Jimmy Fallon and SNL. Naturally when I stumbled across his best of DVD in Walmart I sprung five big ones for it to call it my own. This
snippet from SNL is likely one of my all time favorites. They say imitation is the best form of flattery so I suggested that my roommates and I take on the task of performing this Christmas song at our ward talent show last year. I would die to see footage of our awe inspiring performance. Sadly only a few low quality photographs remain to document the night clearly etched in my mind.

Lacey and I doing a little pre-show mustache fitting.
Looking hot and not one bit creepy.

Though we did not make the effort to find ugly sweaters from DI we rustled up some seasonal turtle necks, a couple of Santa hats, a ukulele and keyboard, some Horatio Sans glasses for me and of course mustaches all around. Due to intense and persistent laughter the staches rather quickly fell off, something strange happened to my backup singers too as I basically sang a solo. Oh good times!
4 comments:
so so lauren--i discovered on your facebook page that you have a blog--this blog. then i discovered that you have a link to miss emilie and i thought oh what a great thing. so i am commenting because that is what you are supposed to do with blogs. oh and do you remember daniel and i were there for this performance--quite hilarious.
Yay! Thanks for commenting like a decent human being. I'm fairly sure I borrowed some glasses from you for this performance too!
Great picture of the event! It helps me visualize the hilarity of it all... that and memories of the video of the real SNL event. Thanks for Saturday night Lauren. Too bad technology is not our friend, otherwise we could have a higher quality of movie watching experiences. Sooo... any updates on Mr. Sienfield? (I need a better code name!)
Do you have this on video? because that would just be too good.
Post a Comment