July 06, 2007

Slow Horrible Death by Canvas


This is quite possibly one of the most hideous paintings I have ever seen and it happens to be hanging in the library on the first floor. I am forced to pass by it multiple times a day in the course of my work and each time I do so the very core of my being shudders with resentment. My issues with the piece are many. The first qualm I have is that it is entirely to large. I can handle Louis XIV large because he was an arrogant ruler and quite funny to look at prancing around in his high heels but this has no reason to be so big and in my face. Another problem I have is with just about every stylistic detail. The color palette is quite garish and the brush strokes are just weird. The aspect of the painting I find deeply insulting is the scantily clad girl with food hanging out her mouth. If I wanted to play see-food with someone it would not be with this ugly painting. Oh and not to mention the creature resembling "it" who obviously gives no regard for oven safety.

Great you are a family and you are eating dinner, I did that too. But come on there has got to be a more qualified and aesthetically pleasing painting around here, heck I could make one.

I dare you to try and make me see something worthwhile and captivating in this painting.

1 comment:

emilie s. d. p. said...

I have to admit, I love the Mom's skirt. The stripes are very in right now.
Actually this is probably one of the most horrible paintings I've ever seen, I hate the color scheme, content, etc. I'm really so sorry you have ever had to look at this picture, not to metion every day of your library career.