June 30, 2007

Just call me Imelda Marcos


If I ever have an entry under my name in Wikipedia I hope that my biographical sketch mentions my shoe collection. As of late I have been prone to slip on a pair of flip flops. That does not mean however that I don't prance around my apartment in shoes that I love to wear but seldom have the chance to when it is a scorching 100 degrees outside and all I do is work all day.

I went on the most fabulously therapeutic shopping trip the other night and added two great pairs of shoes to my collection. The first and intended purchase is a pair of black pointy toed pumps, a staple in every woman's closet which I have not had until now. An added bonus crossed my line of vision as I was impatiently waiting in line to pay for my excellent $30 find. To my sheer and utter joy I found a cute pair of subtly fuzzy leopard print flats on sale for only $10! I ask you what could possibly exceed the pleasure of finding a cute pair of shoes....finding two and a steal of a deal at that!

For good measure I'm including my last shoe purchase which technically was a boot purchase. When I was in England last earlier this month my sister and I visited a hippie type store with incense and tarot cards that we pop into each time we are in town. Funnily enough this eccentric little store has an upper level devoted to Dr. Martens that happen to be superbly priced. If memory serves me we went in the second day of our vacation and I spotted these awesome boots. They are not the typical lace up boots that Dr. Martens produce but have a zipper running up the inside and go up to your knee practically. It took me the full two weeks to decide I wanted them even though it was the middle of summer so I went back the day before I left and picked up a little present for myself! Much to my surprise the day after I got back to Provo was a cold and wet one which meant one exciting thing to me, that I could wear my new boots to work....oh happy day!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

You would be great friends with a Sorella I served with in the MTC. She owns 80+ pairs of shoes and changes 10 out every year - !! Crazy! Hope you're doing well in the lower 48 (that's what they say up here...). haha.