July 11, 2007

Recurring Weirdness

I have one recurring dream where I am being chased down a dimly lit street somewhat resembling Pleasantville. The houses are all alike and the street is devoid of people and cars. All I do is run frantically down this street looking for someone to help me but no one will let me inside their house. I have this dream fairly regularly and all I know is that it is not a subconscious representation of having men in my life chasing after me!

However I have one recurring theme in many of my other dreams that does actually irk me. The circumstances are not necessarily the same except for one common thread. I am always driving somewhere, sometimes in a stolen or borrowed vehicle. The frustrating aspect is that I can never fully stop the vehicle. No matter how hard I try to brake I always hit the person in front of me or roll forward into the intersection. It makes me so mad because I can never ever come to a full and complete stop. I just had this dream again last night and I don't really remember any of the specifics but I woke up angry that I couldn't stop again.

Any one else have random recurring dreams or themes?

2 comments:

emilie s. d. p. said...

All my scary dreams include wild animals...I've dreamed about everything from cougars, polar bears, spiders, lions, etc. I'm a crazy too.

Wendy said...

My nightmares are normally full of people being eaten by Shamu, whether it be me or--as is normally the case--one of my loved ones. I die all the time in my dreams even though dream quacks say you never really do.

My roommie Ericka didn't believe I was actually afraid of whales until she saw me visibly flinch upon encountering a large stuffed animal of one at a toy store last weekend. She thought I was joking. Nope, definitely not.