


Today Lacey and I dropped Alyssa or Hermana Apodaca I should say, off at the MTC. We picked her up from the airport yesterday morning. For the past 24 hours as our schedules would permit we took turns acting as her companion as she was already set apart. The experience of going with her to the MTC today is way up there on my list of memorable events in my life. The spirit was amazingly strong and to just see the culmination of her work and effort to get to this point was truly rewarding.
As her friend and roommate it was super cool to observe her journey, from making the decision to serve to accepting her call and now to see her enter the MTC. I was the lucky one home in the afternoon on the day that her mission call came to the house. I called her at work and took a full five minutes to convince her that I wasn't playing a trick on her. We were screaming and crying together on the phone because she still had like three more hours of work before she could come home and open it. Anyway I think I cried more than she did, I was so freaking excited!
It will be somewhat strange as Alyssa has been an integral part of my BYU experience. She introduced me to the idea of applying back when we were Juniors in San Antonio. We have lived together since our freshman year. I know no BYU without Alyssa which sounds pretty corny but is true!
Top and bottom of it is today was an awesome day, I felt a small urge to go on a mission myself but after careful contemplation realized that I should probably just enjoy the experience of dropping a few more people off at the MTC.
No comments:
Post a Comment