
I am covering for someone at work right now. I work in the office at the Social Science Department in the library on campus. I got the job last December, 50% thanks to a roommate who already worked there and I like to think 50% thanks to my charm and overwhelming sense of hardwork, responsibility and impressive interview skills.
The Social Science department employs five full time librarians and one department secretary. Any or all six of these people could be considered my boss. Only one of them is here right now so that means prime time for blogging. I can make up for not posting since winter with a handful of random posts right now!
My work is sometimes quite random which is what I love about it. On occasion I get to run to the bookstore and pick out a mat and a frame for a poster to hang in the office. About a month ago I was tagging some books and before too long I realized they all had winged swastikas on the side of them. Turns out they were some sort of Nazi rule books! One of my more regular jobs is to "check-in" new books to the department and make sure the call numbers match up in the system. This is one of my favorite things because I get to see the interesting new titles that come in. So far my favorite is I Love You, Let's Meet, this is a book chronicling adventures in online dating!! My favorite (sarcasm) project so far has been walking back and forth to the law library to count bookshelves three times in one day so that the political science librarian would know how much room he had to move some books. The "project" that made me laugh the hardest would have come from our resident cat lady librarian. She came into the office and proceeded to plop down on the table a small index card holder and asked me if I would throw it away for her. She was closer to the garbage can than I was and would have had to walk by at least three others just to get to me. Condescension aside, I successfully completed the project for her in lighting fast time.
No comments:
Post a Comment